Released Feb 14, 2019
Website Version 5.0
This is one of those classic 'behind the scenes' updates where a lot of major things changed but they're all almost invisible to the users :)
- Major upgrade of the version of the underlying code base (from 'Ruby on Rails' version 3 to version 5). This was a big undertaking since the previous version was the same as when I first started the site 5 years ago. Being on this latest version lets us take advantage of major improvements with regards to performance, flexibility, and ease of adding new features and will pay off well into the future.
- Fixed a bug that caused some venues to get duplicated when adding new concerts.
- Various other small bug fixes, improvements, and wording changes.
If you come across any new errors please email me at [email protected]
Happy Valentine's Day :)
Released Feb 7, 2019
Website Version 4.3
We've released several improvements and new features over the past few weeks. Including:
- You can now change the order of bands in a concert! When you are creating or editing a new concert, you can now drag & drop the bands into the order they played in.
- You can now add a Location to a Concert even if you don't know the Venue. Previously, you'd have to enter a Venue if you wanted to add a Location or it'd give you an error. This meant people would have to enter 'Unknown Venue' or '??' as the Venue.
- User's are now able to delete their own accounts from their Settings page. Previously they would have to email me to delete their accounts on the backend.
- Major performance improvements to the New Concert page.
- Improvements to spam blocking.
Released May 5, 2018
Website Version 4.2
Here's a few notes about how it works:
- You can make your profile private on your Settings page.
- A private profile makes it so that only you can see your concert history, photos, videos, and comments.
- Since concerts are public events, the concerts you add will still be visible on the public concert histories of bands, locations, and venues. You won't publicly be listed as an attendee on the concert though and any photos, videos, or comments you add to it will only be visible to you.
- If you make your profile private, you won't be able to share your profile/history with any other users. In the future, I plan to add the ability to "friend" other users so that they can see your profile/history.
A few more spam controls (confirmed spam/ham database columns) so legit users will get incorrectly flagged less often.
Released April 21, 2018
Website Version 4.1
The biggest changes in this release were trying to defeat spammers.
Here's what changed:
- Integrated Akismet on the user registration form and when adding new concerts and comments to help defeat spammers
- Integrated reCAPTCHA on the user registration form and when adding new concerts to help defeat spammers
- New users must now confirm their email address (click an email link) before they can access the site to help defeat spammers
- Fixed a bug where some setlists wouldn't populate (Setlist.fm has a finicky API). Thanks to Ryan Thompson (https://www.concertarchives.org/ryan-thompson) for letting me know about this bug!
- Fixed a bug where an empty Concert search would return 0 results instead of returning all of your concerts. Thanks to Ryan Pulliam (https://www.concertarchives.org/ryanpulliam) for letting me know!
- Fixed a bug where a user's website link on their profile wouldn't work if they didn't include "http://" at the beginning of the URL.
- Added the benefits of signing up to the Sign Up page
Released April 3, 2018
Website Version 4.0
This was a huge release, the biggest one since launch in 2014. Hope you enjoy it :)
Here's what changed:
- Brand new site design ("Pizazz Edition" haha)
- Lots of improvements when browsing on mobile devices
- Users can now sort your Favorite Concerts
- Smarter concert search that now searches the concert title, the bands that played, and the location
- Features for Patreon patrons (profile badges and ad-free experience)
- Users can now add a cover photo to their profile (they can upload one otherwise it'll automatically use the last concert photo they uploaded)
- Made it so the "+ Add Concert" button is more accessible on many more pages
- Dedicated Photos and Videos pages for bands, venues, and locations so that visitors can browse all of the photos/videos
- Fixed the issue that caused concert photos taken in portrait mode (vertical) to display in landscape mode (horizontal) when uploaded.
- Added band avatars to the band pages
- On concert pages, the setlists now load in the background which dramatically improves performance and makes it so festivals with lots of artists don't cause an error
- Improved the experience for brand new users adding their first concert
- Added navigation 'breadcrumbs' to the top of the page to make it more obvious where visitors are on the site
- Prompts for brand new visitors that tell them more about Concert Archives and prompt them to sign up
- Added the 'Credits' and 'Release Notes' pages
- Fixed lots of small bugs and cleaned up a bunch of code